All the danish team have had a good start in Champions League, and again we’re heading towards a new weekend with Champions League handball. We’ve spoken with FC Midtjylland’s Sabine Englert before their clash against Buducnost this upcoming weekend.
Until now, it’s going very well for FCM in the EHF CL, two victories in two games. How do you reflect on the games ?
– We are very pleased with the four points. In Trondheim we had a really strong defense, against Thüringen we had problems to fix their shooter Katrin Engel, but otherwise our defense was in this game good as well. We can improve in any case in our attacking game a little bit. In both games we’ve missed too many clear-cut chances and we had fluctuations in the second half of both games.
This week you’ve lost a cup match against Esbjerg, on Thursday you play against Aarhus in the Danish championship, on weekends you have CL games. How good is team’s shape for such strong challenges?
– I think we had a good preparation phase, and in my opinion we are conditionally in good shape.
How much do you miss injured Lærke Møller in such important matches in tight schedule?
– Of course it would be nice if Lærke would be already fit. Reason alone, because she is an important part of the team and brings creativity as playmaker to our game. It is also very important for the coach that you can share the game times and he can rotate us well.
Ryan Zinglersen followed coach Kenneth Jensen as coach, how is the cooperation with him until now?
– Ryan is a very good and experienced coach and I enjoy working with him.
The upcoming weekend you play against Buducnost in Montenegro in the top game of the round. How do you see the chances, and are you looking forward to a reunion with Clara Woltering your colleague in the goal of the German National Team?
– Against Buducnost in Montenegro, we are definitely outsiders. But this role we gladly accept. We have nothing to lose there. Of course I’m looking forward to a reunion with Clara. We already know each other for a while.
You play with Clara in the national team, you are good colleagues and also exchange informations about the Champions League opponents. Have you talked to her about this weekend duel?
– No, about our game we have not spoken, but otherwise we are happy to help each other and share information.