Four-time Beach Handball world champion Brazil just concluded a series of friendly matches with Qatar and with a positive outcome. Six games, five wins. It is part of a preparation of both countries aiming the 2016 world championship in Hungary.
“We seized these matches to test our athletes. Some of them need on court time to fit better in the team. That’s why these friendly games are so important”, says Brazilian Beach Handball director Stanley Mackenzie.
According to him, playing against the Middle Easterns was useful to study not only the Brazilian team but the adversaries as well. “Qatar has been investing a great deal in Beach Handball. They will be strong opponents in the championship”.
Brazil’s National Team’s roster in Qatar:
- Bruno Carlos de Oliveira (Grêmio CIEF)
- Davi Nascimento (Rio Handbeach)
- Diogo Silva Vieira (Associação Macaense de Handebol)
- Gil Vicente Pires (Grêmio CIEF)
- João Paullo Rêgo de Sousa (Grêmio CIEF)
- Marcus Vinicius Domingues (Rio Handbeach)
- Naílson de Sousa do Amaral (Handebol Clube da Paraíba)
- Pedro Wirtzbiki (Niterói Rugby Futebol Clube)
- Thiago Barcellos (Associação Macaense de Handebol)
- Thiago Gusmão (Rio Handbeach)
(Photo: Anderson Stevens)