Women’s EHF FINAL4
Budapest, Arena Papp László
Rostov Don is the Russian champions and the team managed to qualify to the Women’s EHF FINAL4 for the very first time. This year they had a constant performance and finished the group phase on the second place, behind Győri Audi ETO KC, beating the Hungarian team in Rostov. In the Main Round the team led by Frederic Bougeant get three points against CSM Bucuresti and has qualified to the quarterfinals form the second spot of the Main Round group.
In the quarterfinals, Rostov Don met Hungarians from FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria and after getting a slight victory in Budapest they ran over FTC in Rostov, getting a huge victory and their first spot in the Women’s EHF FINAL4.
- newcomers in Women’s EHF FINAL4
- five players from Rostov Don’s squad has participated already in at least one edition of Women’s EHF FINAL4: Anna Sedoykina with Volgograd in 2014, Mayssa Pessoa with CSM Bucuresti in 2016 (winner) and Vardar in 2017 (runner-up), Ana Paula Rodriguez Belo with CSM Bucuresti in 2016 (winner), Katarina Bulatovic with Gyor (2014 winner), Buducnost (2015-winner), Buducnost (2016); Siraba Dembele with Vardar (2014, 2015, 2016).
- Three players had already won the Champions League trophy: Mayssa Pessoa and Ana Paula Rodriguez in 2016 with CSM Bucuresti, Katarina Bulatovic with Slagelse (2006), Buducnost (2012, 2015) and Gyor (2014)
- Ana Sen gave birth to her child in February this year and she will play in Women’s EHF FINAL4
- they have players from six different countries
Key players: Katarina Bulatovic, Anna Sedoykina, Siraba Dembele, Ana Paula Rodriguez Belo, Anna Vyakhireva
The team of Rostov had won the EHF Cup last season and now they are aiming to get the CL trophy. They will meet Vardar in the semifinals, which will be the second semifinal on Saturday.