Women’s EHF Champions League
- Both teams were qualified to the Main Round, but this match will decide the number of points both teams will collect to take with into the next stage. Vipers have two points won against CSM Bucuresti and FTC has two collected in Hungary against today’s opponent
- FTC misses several players: Snelder is injured, Malovic and KLikovac are also sidelined because of injuries. Dora Hornyak is pregnant, she announced this last weekend but plays today’s match which will be her last for this season.
- The first half: Katrine Lunde intimidates FTC players from the 7-meter line, Sulland is unstoppable for Vipers, but the defense worked only for periods for both teams. FTC goalkeepers had a weak day, only Hafra took responsibility and Meszaros ha a good match in attack. The halftime result is a clear lead for Vipers, 18-14.
- Ole Gustav Gjekstad is not satisfied in the pause, he will fix and improve Vipers defensive system for the second half.
- The second half started better for hosts and continued fantastic also for the hosts from Vipers, where they managed to score 15 goals. Reistad, Yttereng, and Sulland were the most efficient Vipers players. FTC had problems in defense and with the job in returns, Vipers managed to score several goals on a fastbreak. The best FTC -player was Noemi Hafra, netting seven and line player Rea Meszaros scoring five.
- FTC had no chance in this match, and they take two points to the Main Round, meanwhile, Vipers takes four. Still, both teams have a good chance for a quarter-final berth
Vipers Kristiansand – FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria 35 – 27 (18 – 14)
Referees: Pandzic/Mosorinski (SRB)
Vipers: Lunde, Fagerheim (GK) – Sulland 8(3), Hegh-Arntzen 3, Reistad 6, Yttereng 6, Tomac 1, Aune 3, Kristiansen 2, Olsen 4, Jonassen, Refsnes, Waade 2, Næss Andersen
FTC: Bíró, Szemerey 1, Szikor (GK) – Háfra 7, Mészáros 5, Klivinyi 1, Schatzl , Kovacsics 1, Hornyák 4(4), Pena 5, Lukács 1, Faluvégi, Márton, Farkas
Suspensions: 6 minutes; 8 minutes
7 meters: 3/3; 7/4