EHF EURO 2018
Group C, Montbeliard
- Winning the match would give two important points to take with to the Main Round, as both teams stay without points before this game
- Before this match, Hungary replaced playmaker Rita Lakatos with lineplayer Laura Szabó, in order to strengthen the middle defense
- In the first half, after five minutes, Hungary took control of the match and never let Spain come into the game seriously. Éva Kiss made some crucial saves in the Hungarian goal, Háfra, Schatzl, and Planéta scored on their chances, meanwhile, at Spain Pena and Martin, the most dangerous players had not the best day and their goalkeepers had also a weaker performance
- In the second half Hungary managed to increase the tempo and the lead, they had ten goal advantage nine minutes before the final of the match, at 31-21, Spain seemed to give up. Every player of the team get the chance to play from Kim Rasmussen, Hungary won 32-26 and goes through to the Main Round with 2 points.
- For Hungary, in this match, everything seemed to work: wing play, line player, fastbreaks and defense as well.
Hungary – Spain 32 – 26 (19 – 14)
Referees: Mosorinski, Pandzic (SRB)
Hungary: Kiss, Biro (GK) – Tóvizi, Schatzl 5, Kovacsics 3, Szalai, Orbán, Pálos-Bognár 1, Kovács 3, Mészáros 1, Planéta 8(6), Kazai, Háfra 5, Lukács 4, Szabó, Tóth 2
Spain: Navarro, Castellanos (GK) – Martin 6(3), Arderius 1, Cesareo, Guttierez, Garcia, Pena 2, L.Gonzalez, Lopez 5(1), Fernandez 2, Martinez, Rodriguez 2, Hernandez 3, Valdivia 2, M.Gonzalez 3
Suspensions: 8 minutes, 4 minutes
7 meters: 7/6; 8/4