EHF EURO 2018
Main Round, Group II
- Netherland lost yesterday against Norway, with a victory or draw today Helle Thomsen and her team would qualify to the semifinals
- A victory for Germany would mean Norway and Romania in the semifinals
- Angela Malestein has been replaced with Dione Housheer in the Dutch squad
- The first half: Germany started better, but the Netherlands got back the control quickly and took the lead, 6-3, never letting Germany come closer than two goals. Polman, Abbingh, and Wester were the key players for the Dutch team, meanwhile, the German key players, like Smits, Bolk or Behnke had a terrible first half. Dinah Eckerle kept her team in the match, saving 40% of the Dutch shoots.
- In the second half, the German mistakes have continued as Netherland kept the control and the lead of the match, winning this encounter and one of the semifinal berths.
Netherland – Germany 27 – 21 (13 – 11)
Referees: Alpaidze, Berezkina (RUS)
Netherland: Wester, Duijndam (GK) – Kramer, Van der Heijden 2, Bont 4, Abbingh 3, Knyppenborg, Amega 3, Visser, Groot,Dulfer 6, Freriks, Smeets 1, Rozemalen 2, Housheer, Polman 6
Germany: Eckerle, Roch (GK) – Zapf, Berger 1, Grijssels, Schmelzer 1, Smits 2, Behnke 1, Zsochke, Bolk 2, Grossman 3, Weigel, Geschke 5(1), Muller 3, Schulze 2, Stolle 1
Suspensions: 2 minutes; –
7 meters: 2/1; 1/1