Yesterday was played the first derby of the year in the Hungarian K&H League where Győri Audi ETO KC hosted FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria. The two teams met for the first time in this competitional season, but there are more matches to wait for as they are in the same Main Round group in the Women’s EHF Champions League and there will be Hungarian League and Cup matches as well.
Facts about the teams:
- Zsuzsanna Tomor was about to return to the court, but she got sick before the game, otherwise, she would have been ready for the match
- Nora Mörk is still out with her knee injury
- Crina Pintea makes her debut for Győr after she arrived from Issy Paris some weeks ago
- FTC is dealing with several injuries: Danic Snelder, Djurdina Malovic, Bobana Klikovac are in recovery, Dóra Hornyák is pregnant
- New signings for FTC, who arrived in December and January: Katrin Klujber (19) from DKKA on the right back position and Dóra Horváth (25) from Kisvárda, originally a left back, transferred to help the team in defense
- In the first minute of the game Eduarda Amorim got seriously injured on her foot/ankle after Háfra landed on her foot in a shooting situation, she had to leave the court in pain
- Győr took the lead and the control right away, 2-0, 6-3, but FTC managed to fight back and equalized 6-6. The timeout from Danyi was followed by a 5-0 for Gyor, 11-6. This the point where FTC lost the contact with their rivals, Leynaud had a good performance in the goal, Oftedal, Pintea, Groot, and Görbicz scored in from their positions and the hosts won the first half 18-11.
- In the second half FTC opened strongly and they managed very quickly to reduce the gap, 19-15, playing a fast handball in the attack. In the defense, none of the two teams had taken seriously the second half, which ended 20 – 22 for FTC. It was goal show from the two teams, the fully crowded arena could be satisfied with such a high-intensity game. FTC scored a lot from the wings, Schatzl, Lukács, Faluvégi or Márton made a good game.
- Győrs most efficient players were Anita Görbicz with 9 goals, Crina Pintea scoring 8/8 from the lineplayer position, Nycke Groot and Stine Bredal Oftedal with 7-7 goals.
- The match was won by Győr, the Hungarian champion never had problems to keep the advantage in this match, the smallest difference was a three-goal difference.
K&H women’s handball league, 10. round:
GYŐRI AUDI ETO–FTC-RAIL CARGO HUNGARIA 39-33 (18-11)
Győr, Audi Arena
Referees: Andorka, Hucker.
GYŐR: Leynaud, Kiss É., Grimsbö (GK), Afentáler, Amorim, Bódi 1, Brattset 2, Fodor, Görbicz 9 (4), Groot 7, Hansen 2, Knedlikova 1, Kristiansen 2, Oftedal 7, Pintea 8, Puhalák
FTC: Bíró, Szemerey, Szikora (GK), Faluvégi 2, Farkas, Háfra L., Háfra N. 4, Horváth D., Klivinyi, Klujber 3, Kovacsics 4, Lukács 6, Márton 4, Mészáros 1, Pena 5 (2), Schatzl 4
Suspensions: 8 minutes; 2 minutes
7 meters: 4/4, 2/2.